Sunday, August 03, 2008

Whew


I am thankful to have made it to the end of the week (my week anyway). Seven days straight is not what it used to be. Dad is working seven on and seven off and driving 3-4 hours to begin and end as well, so here's to you, Dad, I feel for ya. Although, seven days off would almost make up for the seven on. I am afraid for what this winter is going to be like. Our intern is going back to school in a couple of weeks and I think we are going to be hurting when he goes. It is nice to have an intern working because he can really take up the slack, plus our intern is a hard worker. Let me just interject that it is very frightening to be typing a blog with earphones on and have your elbow licked out of nowhere (Thanks Al). But as I said, I think if we have anything of a cold season like last year, things could get hectic to say the least.

I upgraded to a new cell phone this week. Who would have imagined 30 or even 15 years ago that we could have cell phones with live TV on them. It is pretty cool. I fancy myself fairly up to date with electronics, but this has some cool stuff. The storage disk that goes in it is no bigger than my fingernail and holds 4GB. That is just mind-blowing to me. The thing is, this phone is really not even the "top of the line" model anyway. Since I have been playing with my new phone, I have been messing with ringtones. Usually, if I hear someone's goofy song ringtone, I wonder what they are thinking. But, I kind of like trying to attach ringtones to contacts that kind of remind me about that person. For example, if my sister calls, the theme from Rocky plays. Jami is a runner and a very determined one at that. If Amber calls, the theme from Law and Order plays, because that is her favorite show in the whole world. If Derrick calls, Boomer Sooner, because...need I explain? I found a ringtone from a cartoon that is a very young child trying to get his mother's attention by saying "Ma, Mom, Momma," over and over and over. I thought that was good for mom's number. For my In-Laws it is the theme from Cape Fear, JUST KIDDING! I would not do that, I love Ralph and Janice alot. Anyway, it may sound stupid, but I kind of have fun with it. By the way, I have the theme from House as a ringtone, too. If I called myself, that would be MY ringtone.

No comments: