Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Radiation Sickness

Today was day 2 of 8 in a row that I have to work. I realize that is not as many as I have had to work before, but I am just not as used to it as I was in Ponca City. When I was there, I would work 7 straight every other week. I had a couple of stretches where I worked 13 days straight. I am no longer a manager, but it just seems more stressful here. I enjoy being busy, but often times we seem to walk a tightrope trying to get things done and take care of the customers. Flu season is in full swing and if we have anyone call in sick (as we have this week) it becomes much harder to take care of all the things that need to be done (not to mention doing them correctly and quickly). The worst feeling I have is when I come home and I am not able to remember if I did or did not take care of something at work. In pharmacy, that is a very bad feeling to have. Usually, I am able to leave all of that at work, but sometimes it is hard to let it go. I work at a new store tomorrow. That is always a struggle to get used to. It is frustrating to try and get used to a new store while being just as busy as ever. Just another of the fun things to deal with at work.

If you are wondering what the title of this blog is about, let me explain. I have gotten hooked on Wikipedia.org. It is a reference website that is basically like an encyclopedia online. I have been reading about nuclear power and the accidents that happened at Chernobyl and Three mile island. That has radiation on my mind. I also was talking about the problems we have at work when anyone calls in sick, hence, Radiation Sickness. Yeah, it is goofy, but my mind is pretty scrambled after the past couple of days, so bear with me.

No comments: