Friday, February 22, 2008

ABC's



I took this picture of Abbie today. She likes wearing my caps for short periods and this was about the best shot I could get of her. She really likes the "alphabet song" and even though it sometimes does not contain the right letters, the tune is unmistakable. She has been slower in beginning her speech, but it seems like she is turning the corner. Now, when she comes to me and grabs my hand for something I make her say "please" first. She is getting the hang of it, and the alphabet song is coming together, too. After a time of wondering about what was keeping her from speaking, it is wonderful to hear her saying words and jabbering all the time. I am so grateful to God for blessing us so richly with our little girl. Her reaction when I come home from work can turn a bad day around. I never could have imagined what a great blessing a child could be. I was so caught up in the fear of the responsibility involved that I did not realize all the good things a child brings to your life. I am not saying that I don't get frustrated, I am just expressing some joy that my daughter gives me.

Does anyone out there get headaches? Of course, we all do, I just want to know what that is all about? Why is it that sometimes it feels like a vice is tightening on my temples enough to make me ill? Man, I can not stand those things. I had a headache today and it was very aggravating and debilitating. I did not want to do anything. Then, gradually, it went away. What is the deal? I wish I understood that whole process better. I hope no one is rubbing their temples after reading this. Anyway, have a good weekend.

No comments: