Sunday, February 24, 2008

Cynics Anonymous

Hi, my name is Joby, and I am a cynic. It is nice to see everyone here (I know you do not believe me and I do not believe myself, but that is why I am here, right?). I recently purchased the first season of the series House, MD, and I think it could be one of my favorite (favourite for all of the British and Australian readers) shows of all time. I really enjoy the medical problem solving that each show goes through, but House is by far the best part of the show. He is so cynical and biting towards his patients and colleagues, I LOVE IT! He says some of the very things that I have wished to say to some patients and he gets away with it. I have watched the first four shows and I can not wait to watch the rest and continue with each season until I catch up. I used to be into ER, due to the technical medical stuff, but House is better by far. The episode I just watched had a misfill by a condescending pharmacist and I did not even take that much offense to it. I really like the show, but it also seems to implicate me as a cynic. If anyone out there who knows me wants to argue or agree, I am all ears.


ADDENDUM:
Upon viewing 4 more episodes and reflecting on an E-mail from my mother, I have revised my self-critique. Based on the fact that some of the episodes have me FEELING for the afflicted and their family problems, and the fact that I am hurt that my MOTHER agrees with me about my cynicism, I do NOT think I am a cynic. At least not in the truest sense of the word. I doubt a true cynic would care if his mother thought he was a cynic. Anyway, I still enjoy the show and will continue the self inspection regarding my own cynicism. Jami, I think you would love the show. It is currently in its 4th(?) season on FOX.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I never would have thought of describing you as a "cynic," but I'll reconsider that now.

Never seen "House, MD." Sounds like I need to watch it and then determine if you truly are a cynic or not. So, has it been on the air forever? I've never heard of it. . .I'm really out of touch.

Anonymous said...

Babe,like I told you before, cynicism is a just sign of high intelligence. Not the best sign but then you really aren't a cynic.

HAVE I TOLD YOU LATELY.....?

-YOUR WIFE