Saturday, June 28, 2008

Let your yes be yes...

Amber and I had a sad revelation today. We are becoming an endangered species, the married couple that stays married. I do not know what the failure rate is for marriages today, but I think it is 60% or higher. That is such a sad statistic. Amber and I have been married for 9 years now and it seems to us like no time at all. The scary thing is that most people would look at us and think we have been together "forever." It just seems to me that when people vow to someone "for better or worse," and "til death do us part," that better than 40% of them would actually MEAN IT. I usually try to stay away from preaching or politics on my blog, but it was a sobering thought that our 9 year marriage would be considered a "long" one. I could really go on and on about taking responsibility and how everything is someone else's fault these days. Let me just finish my preaching by thanking my parents and my in-laws for setting a standard and providing two great examples to their children of taking a vow and meaning it.

No comments: