Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Signing Time


Greetings and salivations to all. I hope the week is going well. I was wondering if I have talked about Signing Time yet? If I have, I am sorry, but it is such a big thing around here that I would be remiss if I did not talk about it. Signing time is a children's show on PBS that teaches ASL (American Sign Language). The host of the show is a woman whose two girls use sign language due to their disabilities. They make learning signs enjoyable by using children and songs to show and remind what the signs are. Abbie loves it. She is starting to get her ABC's down and she continues to surprise me with signs she has learned. The other day we were getting ready to go somewhere and I asked her if she was ready. She said and signed "ready". I had no idea that was a word she had learned. Another time, Abbie was wanting me to watch her and she signed and said "pay attention" (That was both cute and scary at the same time). It is pretty neat to see her get into singing and signing a song. If you get a chance to see Signing Time, just watch for a little while. It is a pretty neat show.

1 comment:

The 5 of Us. said...

Kids pick up stuff so fast. I know Dawson has been signing since he was 7 months old. They are like sponges!!!!! Abbie is so cute and getting so big!!!! Miss you guys!