Sunday, June 08, 2008

Horses, horses, horses


I have talked before about Tiger Woods and how dominant he has been in golf. I also talked about this year's New England Patriots and their try for a perfect season. But, the triple crown chase this year in horse racing has had me remembering a horse that dominated before I was even born. This picture is of Secretariat winning the 1973 Belmont stakes in what is possibly the most dominant display by a horse ever. He won by 31 lengths, and ran a time for the mile and 1/2 that has never been matched. I just watched his Kentucky Derby, Preakness, and Belmont wins on YouTube (just search Secretariat super horse on YouTube). The video is not the best, but the soundtrack is from the movie "Superman," and it is really something to see the performances this horse put on. I am not a horse racing person. But, I do think horses are very beautiful, graceful, and powerful animals. I do not know if another horse will come along like Secretariat, but I would love to watch if it does.

No comments: