Monday, October 02, 2006

Wow, what a malaise

Anyone out there ever heard of a malaise? It is a term for a general sickly feeling all over. You know how all your joints and muscles seem to ache when you get the flu? That is a malaise. Last night I had about the worst malaise I have had in a long time. I would say the worst in my life, but that would be a little too much hyperbole. Anyway, I felt terrible. I picked up some kind of stomach flu yesterday and it got real bad real fast. I ached all over, my stomach was killing me, and lets just say "watery diarrhea" and leave it at that. The worst part of it all was the thought of giving it to Abbie and having to see her feel like that. So far so good, she is still happy go lucky with her usual consistency regular poops. I really do not get sick that often, but man this one just came out of nowhere. I hate having to call in sick and get someone else to work for me, but I would not have been able to handle it today. I am feeling better now, hopefully I will not have a relapse. I just hope Abbie does not get the bug, too. I can not imagine having to see her feel that bad, and if she gets diarrhea as bad as I had it, it could be very harmful to her little body. Please pray that she does not have to go through that and I will try to post an update later in the week. Until then, watch out for the dreaded Malaise.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

TMI

Anonymous said...

We hope NO one gets that bug -- sounds just awful. Take care and keep in touch.