Wednesday, October 11, 2006

A Mastiff?

A guy came in the store today and said to me, "Did I see you crusing around the parking lot with a Mastiff?" I was a little surprised but managed to say, "No, he is a pit bull." The guy said, "Oh, well he seemed real nice." To which I replied, "Yeah, but you did not get very close to him."

Amber hates it when I say things like that. I do not mean to make Al sound mean. I just meant that if the guy would have been closer, Al would have barked and not seemed docile. Al is about the most patient dog I have ever seen. He takes all sorts of bites and bumps from Sammy (Ralph and Janice's new puppy). He also loves his sister. He will often give her kisses, even if she did not bend down to ask for them. Abbie has taken to giving him food, too. She will hold out something in her hand and of course Al is happy to receive it.

I just thought it was humorous to have a customer ask out of the blue if I was crusing with a Mastiff.

No comments: