Sunday, October 08, 2006

A tough week

Man, am I glad this week is over. I already posted about how it started out. That was just the beginning to a bang up week. I am afraid I am going to sound too much like a crybaby if I go into too much detail. I guess if work is rough it is not that bad because I can go home and relax, but when it is rough at home, too, it makes for a brutal week. It was tough at home this week because of sickness. I gave Abbie the stomach bug and then she gave it to her mom. I really struggle with going to work when the girls are sick, because once I am there I can not leave. I have to battle through things at work while wondering how things are at home and wishing I could control the situation better. At work, one of our technicians was on vacation this week, which put us in a hole. Things are that much busier and require that much more of my attention when we are short handed. I have noticed that sometimes at work if we are busy, I feel like I am holding my breath. I do not mean that I am actually holding it, but it just feels like I am doing all these things at once and breathing gets left behind. Sounds stupid, doesn't it? It is the only way I know how to explain it. It does not freak me out or anything, I just have to tell myself to take some deep breaths and relax from time to time. In addition to the busy pace this week, my boss called Friday and said he wanted to come up for a visit. I told him it was not a good day since we had only one tech. That did not dissuade him. Talk about the icing on the cake. It just seemed like everything was going to hit this week. I have been thinking about writing this post since Thursday. I just kept thinking about making it to the weekend and getting the girls feeling better, and then it would be a breeze to my 4 day weekend next week. I do not write out to-do lists, but I do think out my days and weeks in my head as far as what I want to get done and what I look forward to. This whole week I have been looking forward to the weekend and being done with this past week. Can you believe I was looking forward to a weekend in which I had to work? Now that is a switch. I was looking forward to having a day at work when I felt more in control of things. Today was that day. It was busy, but it was nothing like this past week. Then I got to come home tonight and see the girls. Both are still on the tail end of the sickness, but on the whole are doing much better. I am thankful to God for my family, our health, and my job. But that does not mean it is not a grind sometimes. Anyway, enjoy the rest of the weekend and Columbus day. Talk to you later.

No comments: