Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Happy Birthday Grandma

















Today is October 31, which makes almost everyone think Halloween. It is unbelieveable that it has come around again. It was just yesterday (or so it seems) that Abbie was a skunk (which was my idea) and she was not happy about it. This year, as you can see, she was Snow White. She took to the costume much better and I have to say it was a much better choice than a skunk. We did not go out to trick or treat, it was too cold for Abbie. But, she got dressed up and went to the door for the trick or treaters that came by. Abbie was very excited every time the doorbell rang. We would rush into the hallway and I would give her a piece of candy and she would take it right over to the kids and put it in their bag. It was fun to watch. But Halloween is not really what I have on my mind.
Today is my Grandma's birthday. It is the second one since she has been gone. As I looked at the pictures of my daughter in her costume, I thought of what my Grandma would say. "(deep inhaled breath with hand over heart) Job, she is just beautiful!" I am sad that Abbie will not get to meet her here, but she will know a great deal about her. We will talk about her, but Abbie will also see her every time she looks at my mom. I am so thankful that I had the relationship with my grandparents that I did. I do not think I really appreciated it until I saw my parents with my daughter. Anyway, I just wanted to say that I love my Grandma, and I miss her, too.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How precious you and your words are to me. One of the greatest blessings of this earthly life is being a parent--as you are seeing everyday. Being a grandparent is just the best!!! I look at precious Abbie and think how proud grandma and grandpa would be. It brings tears to my eyes because they did not get to see her, but that's okay--they saw you and you brought them such joy. Thank you for the daddy you are, the husband you are, and the son you are and have always been. I love you.

Mom XOXO

Anonymous said...

I miss my grandmother too. She never got to see my girls either. Kameryn has her red hair. I just try to sing "When we all get to Heaven, what a day of rejoicing that will be..." Abbie will meet your grandmother and Kameryn & sheridan will meet theirs. We miss you guys!

The 5 of Us. said...

Hello, I opened your page and Dawson ran over and said "Abbie." I guess they are getting to know one another. LOL Anyway she was cute at the church trunkor treat. Carla