Friday, September 29, 2006

Fantasy football




I was off yesterday and managed to get some pictures of Squirt. She is quite the little show-off. The last couple of days I have either been off or had to work late. When that happens, I can sleep in later if I want to. The past couple of days when I have slept in, Abbie has too. We did not get up until after 10AM on Thursday. Amber is not too pleased because Abbie seems to wake up earlier on the days when I have to get up early.
I have been thinking about posting about "Fantasy Football." Whoever came up with the concept of fantasy football was a genius. With just this simple concept, many, many people like myself are now very in tune with NFL games each week. If not for fantasy football, I might watch some NFL during the playoffs, but nothing like I do now. To explain to the non fantasy owners out there, fantasy football is a game that takes football players from different teams and distributes them amongst fantasy team "owners." Then, when the games are played, the stats that each player has create fantasy points for the fantasy owners. The trick is that fantasy owners have to choose who they "start" and "sit" each week. I have been in a fantasy football league for 3 years now and I think it is fun and it gets me into the NFL like never before. There are fantasy football leagues played for money, but I would not be able to handle that. I spend too much time on my fantasy team right now and it is just for fun. I like the "competition" of it, and I like trying to find that "sleeper." That is the guy who has a great year that no one would have predicted. Anyway, it definitely makes the NFL season more enjoyable.

1 comment:

Franklin Wood said...

I agree! I watch games to see how "my players" are doing and it's tons of fun!
Didn't get a great team this year, so I just had to reshuffle.
Unfortunately, I think I made some bad decisions on who to bench! I think you are going to deal me another loss today! I'LL GET YOU BACK!!!! :)