Wednesday, November 05, 2008

I have returned...

Hi there.  I am sorry for the long hiatus, but it has been tough to find the time and I have not taken any new pictures recently.  I have any number of things to rant about.  Aggravations at work, the aggravating new dress code at work, the aggravating (if not scary) election results, and numerous other aggravations.  But, I choose to talk about the picture above.  This past weekend we went to Ada for a brief visit to celebrate Dad's birthday (belatedly).  Even though the stay was brief, it was a very enjoyable trip.  Mom had the idea to have a picnic style lunch at the park and it was a great idea.  The weather was pefect.  There was lots of sunshine and almost no wind.  We all ate some KFC (Abbie too, thank goodness), then played on the swing, jungle gym, and fed the ducks.  Abbie really took to leading mom and dad around and sort of "showing off" for them.  It was neat to watch.  I have not really seen Abbie be like that with mom and dad until now.  It made me smile inside and out.  When the ducks saw us coming, they made a beeline (or is that a duckline?) to us for what little bread we had.  They were honking up a storm and Abbie is not real fond of loud noises.  She went to dad for security and thats when I took this picture.  Again, it just makes me smile.  We missed Jami and her crew, hopefully the whole gang can get together for Mom's birthday, I am interested to see what kind of trouble Abbie and Rosie get into.  It is late so I will stop, but I will try to be on a little more often.  Have a good weekend.  

PS. This is for Jami, How did the kids like the candy?  You're welcome by the way.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, yeah. Thanks for ALL OF THE CANDY! I took it to work and handed it out to all of the women who came in for their annual pap smears and told them it was from my sweet brother! haha.