Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Watch out for those angry Pharmacists

I have been looking at blogs quite a bit lately.  I have been searching for blogs regarding pharmacy and to my surprise there are quite a few.  But, the sad thing is that the common thread among almost all of them is the bitterness and anger that is displayed.  These people are stressed, feel very unappreciated, and taken advantage of.  I have found at least 20 pharmacy blogs and they are littered with stories of hateful customers, doctors, and inept store management.  I have been surprised to see all this venom spit out due to my profession.  But here is the thing, I identify with ALL of them.  All of the stories make me think of days that I have had to deal with at work.  I feel like I am a positive person for the most part.  Granted, I can get pretty worked up over stuff at work just like the next guy.  I am not immune to the frustration felt when people are hateful.  I guess seeing my wife when I come home, and maybe little miss smiles-alot on the left, seem to help me leave work at work (for the most part).  So watch out for those angry pharmacists.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm listening to MAJOR TOM as I write this. Oh, the memories.

Wow, I'm sorry that you pharmacists are so bitter and angry. For what it's worth. . I appreciate pharmacists, especially the good ones (like my dad, brother and most of the ones that live in my community). You guys work hard and must be detailed and exact. Stress city. Thanks for taking care of us. Sorry you haven't been appreciated much.
I LOVE THE PICTURES OF ABBIE! MORE! MORE!

Anonymous said...

Having been a pharmacist for 38 years I have let stressful situations get the better of me. The worst of me was the result. I think over time I have come to the painful realization that it's not "all abut me." Other people get to be who they are, for better or worse. Also, being cloistered away in a hospital with only a small window to the outside world is much better than being on display for John & Susie Public and their problematic progeny. But you retail guys get the "big bucks" so a "mellowing out" should be in the big picture. Being off every other week is a nice feature the hospital offers, too. AND, with the "last roundup" in view I think I enjoy pharmacy more now than I ever have.
Dad
The art of living is always to make a good thing out of a bad thing. E. F. Schumacher