Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Interesting

Yes, that is a fly that I took a picture of.  Yes that is my hairy knee he is perched on.  I thought it might illustrate the point in my blog today.  Some people (ok, MOST people) would be repulsed by an image like this.  But, some would look and be interested, even fascinated.  As a parent, I have come to find out that there are events that happen that I would not have taken note of before becoming a parent, but now they are of great importance and significance.  A young child deciding on her own to go to the bathroom and poop by herself is not really a thing to be cheered and ballyhooed, is it?  It sure is if you are her parents and she has been fighting with you about potty training!  Abbie did just that today.  She went to the bathroom on her own, and went #2 by herself.  I will never cease to be amazed.  I know we may still have to work with her and have some setbacks, but it sure was something to see, no matter who you are.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YO daddyo! u just made me a contact on flickr and Im now rummaging around ur bloggy! awsome ur baby is adorable and ur doggy is rockin :) Love these photos BTW, why should the flys be left out huh? :) ill be a regular on here me thinks :)

my own bloggy is www.kimododreams.com/lette