Monday, July 21, 2008

Swimmin

We went swimming today. This picture is from a few days ago, Abbie and her cousins were trying out her "slip and slide." When I got home today, it just seemed like a day to be in a pool. Abbie's cousins Jake and Zach were over and I asked if they wanted to go. They have a pool in their subdivision. Once I said swimming, Abbie was all for it. She said "swim, swimmin," to me about 20 times in a minute or two, so we went swimming. Abbie loves it. She has a floaty vest that she wears, but she is pretty brave when it comes to getting a mouthful of water. She knows to kick her legs and really has a ball with it. If Daddy hadn't gotten sunscreen in her eyes, it would have been the perfect time. I hope she continues to enjoy swimming and that we can keep giving her those opportunities.
Tonight, I worked out. It was the first vigorous workout I have done in almost a year. Anyone who has seen me recently will attest to this. I got my Garmin out and hooked in to the new computer, so now I just need to push myself some to get back to running. I think 3-4 weeks of regular workouts on the eliptical and I may be able to venture onto the track. I will keep you posted, keep your fingers crossed.
Have you ever had one of those miniature tape recorders for notes and stuff? I have one and I did not even have to pay for it. It is the Abbie Kay Young virtual repeater 3000. She has a nack for spitting out whatever goes in her little ears. At times it is funny, sometimes embarassing, and sometimes downright scary. I enjoy getting her to say "hi, thank you," and "you're welcome," even though she can still get the timing mixed up. I may try and get her to read her favorite book for you all soon, so keep watching. Have a good week.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wish we could get the kids together for some swimmin' fun! Abbie is adorable.

Way to go on the working out, JOB! Let me know when you hit the track and are ready to enter a race. Dad and I are running, but I've slowed down even more than what I used to run. Feels good to be back into it, though. You can do it!