Friday, August 25, 2006

CO-WORKERS 101


I did a little editing on this picture and liked the look, so for what it is worth, there's Abbie.

I have a number of things running though my head tonight. I am not the best at getting out the thoughts that come to my mind. I think I get that from my dad. He always has thoughtful insights to things, but he has to form them the way he wants to say them first. Well, I will try to do my best, so here goes.
I want to talk about work. Not necessarily my work specifically, but work in general. When you finish college and are hired to do a job, the job is easy. It is what you have been prepared for, it is the people that you have not been prepared for. I never took a class in college called "Co-workers 101". I wish there was such a thing, but in that arena it is all on-the-job training. I think the people you work with can be as much as 90-95% of the determining factor in whether or not you enjoy your job. You could be the best pharmacist in the world, but if you battle with personalities at work you will often go home frustrated. I say this not to say that I have problems at work, but to point out where I am blessed. I enjoy being around the people I work with. The other pharmacist that I work with would be a friend of mine even if we did not work together. That makes a big difference in a workday, believe me. If I was not able to laugh as much as I do at work, I think I would be a very angry and bitter person. In the healthcare field you often run into people that do not feel well and they let you know about it. That can bring a person down. I appreciate my co-workers and my job very much. God has blessed me and my family and he continues to do so every day.

Don't get me wrong, I still look forward to my days off just like every one else. You did not think I was that crazy, did you?

1 comment:

Franklin Wood said...

GREAT POST, man! I, too, wish I had a similar class while in college! And I work with PEOPLE, but still don't feel like I know how to deal with them sometimes!
How about some "in-depth" people classes such as...
- Motivating Others 101
- On-The-Spot Counseling 101
- Difficult Personalities 101
Hope you guys are doing great! I hear there are some GREAT pharmacy jobs in Omaha, NE! :)