Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Seems so long ago...

Amber and I watched a slide show of Abbie and the video of one of her first baths yesterday. It has me remembering the past 14 months and how our little girl has grown from this little baby to the toddler she is now. We could not believe how little she was and how quiet, too! She did not really even peep when she was getting her bath. I remember when we held her all the time because she could not turn over. Now, she wants to be on the ground running. It was good and bad to watch the video. Good because it just makes me smile to remember all the feelings and fears we both had and how God watched over us and continues to, despite our struggles and imperfections. Bad because those times are gone and that little bitty baby is growing every day and before I know it, she will be a little girl and eventually a bigger girl (OH NO!). Well, enough of the remember whens, let's talk about what Abbie is doing now.
Abbie is currently fixated on "The Wiggles". The Wiggles are a group of 4 Australian men that sing songs and dance on the Disney channel. It is amazing to see Abbie watch them because she is completely mesmerized. She does not dance, and she hardly moves except the occasional head nod. The good thing is that they do have some good (or at least catchy) tunes. The problem is that I have been singing "the Emu Song" all day. I have not caught myself doing the motions yet, but that is around the corner I am sure. If you want to get a glimpse of the Wiggles to see what she likes, watch one of the Disney channels at 9AM on weekdays and you will see what I mean.
Amber is doing much better. The headaches have pretty well subsided and my long stretch of days is over, so we have some time to "decompress", to steal a phrase from Seinfeld. I will try and get some new photos while I am off. Thanks for being patient with my hit and miss blogging. I do enjoy writing about things, but it takes time that I do not often have. Hopefully I will be back on soon. Until then, "Keep on Wigglin'!"

No comments: