Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Patience

"Patience is a virtue" Isn't that a common saying? I am finding it hard to be patient about a number of things. Amber has a kidney stone and it seems as if the wheels turn so slow in the heathcare machine. She had a CT scan today and they said it could be Monday before we know the results. Amber is handling it like a trooper, I think she is hurting more than she lets on. She is afraid that the scan will come back and say there is no stone, but all the signs are there just like before. I am ready for her to not have any pain so I can ease up on the worrying about her. It is hard at work when each phone ring makes me think she is calling to tell me it is hurting too much (especially because our phone rings often). It is also hard at work because I usually can not leave at the drop of a hat. If Amber needs me and the other pharmacist is not working, I would have to close the pharmacy to leave. While that IS what I would do, I still worry about the problems that leaves for the patients and coworkers at the pharmacy. I know Amber is much more tired of the whole thing than I am, she is the one dealing with a kidney stone! I should not be talking about my worries when I am not the one in pain. I just have a feeling of helplessness, I do not know what to do to make her feel better. Abbie Kay just woke up so I have to cut this short. I will talk more as I get the chance, please pray for Amber if you can.

2 comments:

The 5 of Us. said...

Hello, Yes we will pray and we have been. If you need anything. Just let us know. I know you have a lot of family, but we are still here. In Him- Carla

Anonymous said...

We would love to help and are just down the street. Please let us know. God Bless, Dannielle & James