Wednesday, March 22, 2006

What A Woman


Today after I got off work, I watched Abbie while Amber went to play bunco with the women from church. I told someone at work that I was going to "babysit." They said, "You do not babysit your own daughter!?!" I was not even thinking about what I was saying. While Abbie, Al and I were without Mommie, I fed Abbie, we played, and she got a bath. I say all this not to toot my horn but to say that it is more clear to me what a big responsibility my wife has each and every day. Many people comment on how happy and wonderful our daughter is, and I think that is a direct result of the person she is with the most: her mother. I did not think I could love Amber anymore than when I saw what she went through to get Abbie here. But I love her even more now that I see how she takes care of Abbie now that she is here. I love my daughter more than I ever thought I could, but that is only because of my best friend giving so much of herself to our little girl.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWW....
How sweet..Aren't you glad we have such sweet husbands Amber?
The Wood Family

Anonymous said...

That made me cry, Joby. I think you BOTH are great parents and Abbie is a very amazing baby. We're blessed to call you our friends, Dannielle & James