Sunday, April 23, 2006

Time just flies by

As you can see, Abbie now has the run of the house, at a crawling speed of course. I can not believe how fast she is growing. I have told myself a number of times to remember these moments because they are vanishing quickly. Even now it is hard to remember a time when I could put Abbie down to change her and she didn't instantly roll over and try to get away. She had a doctor's appointment this week and her doctor asked if she was pulling up to furniture by herself yet. "Oh yes," I replied, and he said with a chuckle that she would be walking before I knew it. He even said I would wish for these times much more when she starts walking.
Her appointment was good, her weight was in the 90th percentile (just over 22 pounds) and her height was over the 100th percentile! Lets hope she continues that trend, I would love for her to be tall, say 6'6"? Everything else checked out alright and she seems to be on the downhill side of this cold. Unfortunately, Mommy has a sinus infection now. Amber has had a rough few months. If one thing starts to ease up, something else seems to go wrong. I just wish we could all be feeling good at the same time for a long time. But, as I think about it, God has blessed us with good health among many, many other things. It is so easy to get wrapped up in small problems so that we don't see the big picture of what God continues to do.

"May the Lord answer you when you are in distress; may the name of the God of Jacob protect you. May he send you help from the sanctuary and grant you support from Zion. May he remember all your sacrifices and accept your burnt offerings. May he give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed. We will shout for joy when you are victorious and will lift up our banners in the name of our God. May the Lord grant all your requests. Now I know that the Lord saves his anointed; he answers him from his holy heaven with the saving power of his right hand. Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God. They are brought to their knees and fall, but we rise up and stand firm. O Lord, save the king! Answer us when we call!" PSALM 20

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Hey guys,
We are still up here in NE looking for a house! We are glad that you are blogging more...I think it will be a good way for our families to keep in touch with each other. House hunting is the pits...there are SO MANY neighborhoods that this is like looking for a needle in a haystack. Tell Amber that I hope she gets to feeling better. We love you guys. I miss my BFF