Friday, November 10, 2006

Foreshadowing


Tonight I first want to explain the photos just a little bit. The top photo was taken Wednesday, November 8 at the cemetary in Oilton, OK. Amber and I had not been to the cemetary since Grandma's funeral and we decided it was a good time to go. I spoke about my Mom's mother in a previous blog. We felt it would be good to start giving Abbie some images of her family. Abbie did real well on the trip and aside from some sticky burrs in her shoes, she was a good girl. My mom and dad went with us and with the perfect weather, it was a good day.
The bottom photo was taken sometime after Halloween. Abbie has not quite mastered keeping the spit generated by a sucker in her mouth, as you can see. Thanks to Grammy (my mom) this sucker also had a black jack-o-lantern face that rubbed off pretty easily. Obviously, Abbie had a good time with it.
The title of this blog is "foreshadowing." I have been seeing a behavior in Abbie that is concerning me. I am afraid it is foreshadowing of future behavior. Abbie sometimes likes to survey the house looking for any toys, dog food, books, or other assorted items to pick up, handle and deposit somewhere else in the house. The thing that has been bothering me is that she has been regularly making a bee line to our bedroom to find my wallet. She proudly walks back in with my wallet and proceeds to open it and try to remove any credit card she can find. Tonight, I said, "Abbie, give me my wallet back, please." She got a little grin and shook her head "no." Her mother really got a kick out of that. I am getting a sinking feeling that this little episode may be played out all too often in the coming years.
On a more serious note, Abbie does have an ear infection in her right ear. She saw the doctor today and is taking some medicine for it. Hopefully she will not have any further complications, but you might remember her in your prayers.

2 comments:

Franklin Wood said...

And...if you give in to her...will she grow up and need to marry a sugar daddy?? Because I'm pretty sure Fischer won't have that kind of $$$, at least not at first!! hahaha

Anonymous said...

I like the new look on the blog.

I must have a copy of the picture of Abbie at the cemetery with the flowers. PRICELESS.

Beautiful.

Love you,
Jami