Friday, June 09, 2006

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ABBIE!

Well, it is here! My little girl is ONE YEAR OLD today! That is hard to fathom. So many things have happened that make me say "I can't believe...." Things like: I can't believe I have been married almost 7 years, I can't believe I turned 30 this year, I can't believe I have a child, I can't believe I am out of college and have gainful employment. I still feel like a child myself. Here I have this little girl that is growing each and every day, and increasingly looking to me for most everything. If I step back and look at it like this, I just shake my head. Otherwise, things seem to just keep rolling along and we keep hitting these milestones. My parents will have been married 40 years this year. My in-laws will have their 45th anniversary. I know the saying that "life goes on," but I can not believe how FAST it goes on. One year ago today, my wife had 16 hours of labor and our beautiful 9 pound 7 ounce little girl was born. I can still remember that and so many other moments from this past year. In one year's time I have gone from thinking only of myself or my wife to thinking of what does this little baby need or want? Not that I don't think of my wife or myself, but it is hard not to be fixated on Abbie, as this blog obviously reveals.
Enough remember whens, I just wanted to say, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY ABBIE!" 6-9-06

2 comments:

Tracy said...

AWWWW!!! We miss you guys SO MUCH!!! Wish we could be there for her birthday! Hey, why dont you just move to perfectland...hahahahahaa

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Abbie ~ so sorry we missed your party. We love you, Kameryn, Sheridan, Dannielle & James