Sunday, May 21, 2006

Little Miss Show Off



Well, another week has flown by. I was so ready to get on and talk about Mother's day and here it is one week later. This picture is from Mother's day evening at our house. Mom and Dad came over and Abbie put on quite a show. As you can see, she has a little cart that she can walk behind or ride on top of. Her grandpa pushed her around on it for awhile and she had on the goofy little smile that she always has when she rides the cart. Then we decided to see if she would walk behind the cart standing up. She really put on a show then. Abbie laughed and sqealed and walked with her little cart back and forth across the den. I realize you had to be there, but believe me, it was hilarious. I think Mom liked Abbie's show better than her Mother's day present. I took pictures (obviously) and Amber videoed some of it, too. I wish I could put video clips on here, but I do not think that is possible, yet.

After Mother's day I had to work all week as per usual. There was one thing that happened that I thought was pretty funny. I have to tell a story first to set it up, so bear with me. For the longest time I have had a clip on my cell phone from Napoleon Dynamite (if you are reading this, Mom, it is a movie the young kids really like). Just recently I changed the message alarm on my phone from Napoleon Dynamite to a clip from Pulp Fiction. The clip is this: {gunshot} then Samuel L. Jackson says "Oh, I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?" Well, I thought that was pretty cool for a message alarm. So this past week my boss and his boss (the regional manager) were in our district visiting the stores. That is not a big deal about my boss, but for the regional it is a big deal because we see him maybe once every 1-2 years. They came to chat on Thursday morning and we had a good visit. While I was talking to the regional manager, my wife calls my cell phone. The ring tone for a call from home is "Home Sweet Home" by Motley Crue. Needless to say, I muted the ring quickly. My wife then left a voice mail message for me, and what did my phone do? Yup, it went off with the clip from Pulp Fiction. I was mortified, but without skipping a beat, the regional manager gets a smirk and says, "Is that Pulp Fiction?" I was in shock. I said "Uh, yeah." Then he simply chuckled and went on talking. Once again probably a "you had to be there" story, but that is a better work story than talking about people getting mad about their insurance.

I have missed blogging about a number of things this week like Abbie running another low grade fever, and I got the yard mowed! I have long stretch at work again, but I am going to try and keep up with it better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She's so cute. I like your blogging, JOB. I just forget to check them regularly.
I like the Pulp Fiction story.
Have a great day, Jami