Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's day (yesterday) to all the Moms out there.  We had family over on Saturday and Sunday and had a great weekend with everyone.  Jami, Scott, Mom and the kids came up on Saturday.  It was the first time they had been to our home in OKC (mom's 2nd).  The kids had a great time playing in the playroom and out in the backyard.  We had a good time, too.  Jami seemed pretty relaxed even with her boards coming this week.  I am sure she will rock the house as she always does.  Abbie was almost attached at the hip to Rosie.  They really seem to be two peas in a pod.  Abbie is a follower and Rosie loves to have a follower.  As they left, I mentioned that the kids would probably be asleep before they left the city.  Mom told me last night that I was right on the money, they had a quiet drive home.  Amber's sister and her family and Mom and Dad came over yesterday after worship.  We ate and played some games and Abbie was definitely attached to Jake's hip.  She just would not give him any space.  I think he liked the attention at first, but it seemed a bit much after awhile.  As far as Mother's Day sentiments,  I was touched at worship by something my brother-in-law said.  He lost his mother when he was a teen.  During the service he was talking about what blessings Mothers are and I mentioned to Amber that it must be hard for him to do that.  At the end of the service he said to be sure and show your mother you love her because you may not always have the chance.  Coming from him, that really choked me up.  I love my mom very much and now that I have a child, I love my mom more and more, because I know how much she cares for me.  OK, I am done with the sentimental stuff.  I hope everyone had a great Mother's day.

No comments: