Monday, May 26, 2008

Congrats Hannah!


Our niece Hannah graduated High school last week. She was in the top 10% of a class of over 600. That was pretty impressive to someone from a class of 52 (number of students, not the year, thank you). I had a different take on this graduation than I have before. After the ceremony, we went to Hannah's parent's house for food and presents. Howard and Alana had put together a slide show of Hannah growing up. It made me realize how fast things happen and that Abbie will be there in no time. I cannot imagine how hard it will be for Howard and Alana to let their little girl go. It breaks my heart to think of how to deal with that. I also came away from graduation with more respect for Howard and Alana. In the times that we live, they have done a great job in raising a wonderful, smart, and respectful young woman. I think being around more families like theirs was one of our main reasons for moving here. I think we have not expressed that enough. The whole evening was impressive to me, and I was glad to be a part of it.

No comments: